Return to Menu

CREATIVITY

I've always found the creative process being much like play. Discovering new ideas comes about by being engaged in the exploration of processes, techniques, concepts, and analyzing the work of others. The off beat and crazy ideas one comes up with often lead the creative process in unexpected directions. Albert Einstein once said, "If at first an idea isn't absurd, there is no hope for it." So, take off the gloves and challenge your creative potential.

I've found two web sites that may be of interest to those wanting to explore the creative process. Being Creative by Example provides a discussion about the creative design of web sites. The author surveys a number of sites of professional designers to see what the future of mainstream web design might look like. The design aspects that the author has chosen for this study are layout and typography where the design-oriented sites exhibit the best of the designer's creativity.

A second web site, Learning to Learn's Web course on Creativity is an open entry extended course on the creative process and provides one with many opportunities to challenge one's creative side. I would encourage anyone to at least explore some of the activities if not undertaking the complete course.